BC Historical Books

BC Historical Books

BC Historical Books

6th Regiment, the Duke of Connaught's Own Rifles Lyons, Herbert H. 1907

Item Metadata

Download

Media
bcbooks-1.0348595.pdf
Metadata
JSON: bcbooks-1.0348595.json
JSON-LD: bcbooks-1.0348595-ld.json
RDF/XML (Pretty): bcbooks-1.0348595-rdf.xml
RDF/JSON: bcbooks-1.0348595-rdf.json
Turtle: bcbooks-1.0348595-turtle.txt
N-Triples: bcbooks-1.0348595-rdf-ntriples.txt
Original Record: bcbooks-1.0348595-source.json
Full Text
bcbooks-1.0348595-fulltext.txt
Citation
bcbooks-1.0348595.ris

Full Text

Array   5?AM   j'51 A
Souvenir Edition
6tli   REGIMENT
The "Duke of Connaughfs Own ^fles
-«PREFACE^
r i Iff IS Souvenir has been compiled witty a view to preserving a record
J^      of the sRegiment and its parent organizations.    I have received much
valuable assistance from Captains J.  '^Reynolds Tite and W. Hart-
iMcHarg, wfyo secured the data and prepared the historical sketch.
"PUBLICITY
Suite 1-2-3 iMoIsons Bank Building
HERBERT ff. LYONS EVANS  &  HASTINGS &J1F*\1 m-m
^y^SJ              1     i
ffll
l|f:
,H ^^^Sm:.v^.
Wltt
■'  êtsma  Historical Record
Although the 6th Regiment "The Duke of
Connaught's Own Rifles" is in some respects a
Military organization but recently brought into
existence, in reality it can claim direct descent from
the first local Military corps established in British
Columbia in Crown Colony days.
The first Corps of Militia raised on the Mainland of British Columbia was the Seymour Artillery.
The exact date is in doubt, as owing to the fire at
New Westminster in 1898 all records were lost, and
the early history of the Corps is a matter of memory.
The Seymour Artillery, which was formed about
1859 at New Westminster as a-Half Battery of Field
Artillery, was armed with two 24-pounder Bronze
Howitzers, which are now adorning the grounds at
Queen's Park. The Corps was named after the
Governor of the Colony, and among its officers were
members of the Governor's staff and the late Sir
Henry Crease.
From 1859-60 to 1878 the history of the
Corps is lost. In 1878 a Crimean veteran, Capt.
George Pittendrigh, then late of the Buffs, took
command, with Lieut. W. Norman Bole as his
subaltern. During Capt. Pittendrigh's tenure of
command the old Seymour Artillery became No. 1
Battery   of   the   newly   formed   British   Columbia
Brigade of Garrison Artillery, No. 2 Battery
being in Victoria. In 1884, on Capt. Pittendrigh's
retirement, Capt. W. Norman Bole assumed
command, which he held until his elevation to
the Bench in 1889, when the command devolved
upon Capt.  Charles McNaughton.
The Battery was always maintained in a high
state of efficiency, and was complimented on
several occasions by inspecting officers, notably by
His Excellency the Marquis of Lome and General
Laurie. The uniform was the same as worn by
the Royal Artillery, including the Busby as headdress.
In 1894 the British Columbia Brigade of
Garrison Artillery was composed as follows : Nos.
1, 2 and 3 Companies were in Victoria, No. 4
Company at New Westminster, and authority
was given to raise a Company in Vancouver to
be known as No. 5. Major T. O. Townley, who,
when he resided in New Westminster, had commanded No. 4 Company, was placed in command.
The other officers were Lieutenants C. A. Worsnop,
Lacey R. Johnson, F. W. Boultbee, and C. Gardiner
Johnson. Lieut.-Col. E. G. Prior, of Victoria, was
in command of the Brigade. On January 17th,
1894, in the   old   theatre   on   Pender   Street,  near Ilegiance was administered
signed the roll, uniforms
commenced   the   following
Abbott,  the   oath   of
to   the   men   who   hac
were   issued   and   drill
day.
The first official inspection took place in the
old Drill Hall on June 9th, 1894, the inspecting
officer being Lieut.-Col. J. Peters, D. A. G. of
the District, and in November No. 5 Company
furnished a Guard of Honor to the Governor-
General, Lord Stanley.
On May 24th of the following year, No. 1
Company took part in the Queen's Birthday
celebrations in Victoria, and were complimented
by Rear-Admiral Stephenson,'Commander-in-Chief
of the Forces. Lieut.-Col. Peters inspected the
Company on October 19th, 1895, and in the same
month a gun-shed was erected opposite the Drill
Hall for gun drill. Authority was also received
for the organization of another Company to be
known as No. 6. Up to December, 1895, the
weapon with which No. 5 was armed was the short
Snider, but during that month these were called
in and Martini-Henrys issued.
course,  which  enabled   the   offics
promotion.     The    name    of    th
s to qualify for
Regiment was
changed to the 5th Canadian Artillery, and was
formed into two battalions. The Victoria Companies were made the 1st Battalion, and the
Mainland Companines the 2nd Battalion. Lieut.-
Col. T. O. Townley was .placed in command of
the latter. The other Vancouver officers were :
Majors, C. A. Worsnop and Lacey R. Johnson ;
Adjutant, Lieut. C. C. Bennett ; Surgeon-Major,
A. M. Robertson ; Quartermaster, Hon. Capt.
J. F. Garden ; Captains, F. W. Boultbee and
C. Gardiner Johnson ; Lieutenants, J. Reynolds
Tite, J. Duff Stuart, H. C. Akroyd, Forin and
Burnett.
In February, 1897, Major C. A. Worsnop
assumed command of the Battalion during Lieut.-
Col. Townley's absence on leave, and Capt.
C. C. Bennett took over No. 4 Company of New
Westminster, being gazetted Major in March.
Lieut.-Col. Peters, D. O. C, inspected the Companies in May, and in the same month the
Vancouver Companies furnished a Guard of Honor
Early  in   January,   1896,  the Artillery School
to   the   Marquis   Ito,   who   was   en   route   to   the
commenced  in  Vancouver, a three  months'  course
Queen's    Jubilee    celebration    as    Envoy    Extra
under the O. C. Royal Marine Artillery, Esquimalt.
ordinary from Japan.
This   was   followed   in   the   summer   by   another
In    June   the    2nd    Battalion    proceeded   to
school   at   Esquimalt   known   as   the   "A" grade
Victoria and took part in the  Jubilee celebrations on Macaulay Plains with the Royal Navy, Royal
Marines, Esquimalt Garrison and the 1st Battalion
5th Regiment C. A., the largest number of troops
ever brigaded in  British Columbia.
On June 5th, 1897, Lieut.-Col. Prior was
gazetted to be in command of the 5th Regiment,
both battalions, and on the 19th of the same
month Lieut.-Col. Townley was transferred to the
Reserve of Officers with the rank of Major, and
Major C. A. Worsnop gazetted Lieut.-Col. in
command of the 2nd Battalion. In October Major
Bennett took command of No. 6 Company in
Vancouver, Lieut. DeWolf Smith taking No. 4
Company in New Westminster, and Lieut. J.
Reynolds  Tite  was  appointed  Adjutant.
In the Spring of 1898 an Artillery School
was held in New Westminster, which was attended
by all the New Westminster and several Vancouver
officers. This school was under the Royal Marine
Artillery officers from Esquimalt, and was followed
by the "A" grade  course  in the Esquimalt forts.
The annual inspection in April was followed
by a parade on May 11th to meet the Yukon
Field Force at the railway station, en route for
the  North.
A memorable event in this year was the visit
to Seattle of both Battalions of the 5th Regiment
on the 4th of July.
On the 23rd of July the Governor-General,
Lord Aberdeen, was received by a Guard of Honor
furnished by the 2nd Battalion.
From a gunner's point of view, the most
important event of the year was the gun practice
in the Forts at Esquimalt. One gun detachment
from each Company went down, and, after one
day's drill, manned and fired the 6-inch guns at a
moving target, making sixty per cent, of direct
hits and a richochet.
Rifle shots will also remember 1898, as the
Martini-Henry rifles were replaced on November
11th by the Lee-Enfields.
The 2nd Battalion Companies were renumbered
in December ; No. 4 of New Westminster becoming
No. 1, and Nos. 5 and 6 of Vancouver Nos. 2
and 3 respectively, of the 2nd Battalion, 5th
Regiment C. A.
On the 24th of May, 1899, Nanaimo was
visited to assist in the local celebration of the
Queen's birthday.
In June the old Valise equipment was called
in and the Oliver equipment issued. In July a
Militia Order authorized the change from Artillery
to Rifles, and in spite of a very strong feeling
against the proposed change it was carried out
in December. In October Major-General Hutton,
commanding the   Canadian   Militia,  inspected  the 2nd Battalion, and announced that he considered
it necessary to have some infantry in British
Columbia, and as the 1st Battalion had the
opportunity of drilling on modern guns, it fell to
the 2nd Battalion to change their uniforms and
methods of training.
Regimental Order of December 23rd, 1899,
gives the officers of the 6th Battalion Rifles, as it
was then called, as follows :—
Lieut.-Col. C. A. Worsnop, in command ;
Major Lacey R. Johnson, second in command ;
Major J. C. Whyte, Junior Major ; Major C. C.
Bennett, Adjutant; Surgeon-Major A. M. Robertson,
Surgeon. "A" Co. (New Westminster)—Capt.
A. Henderson ; Lieut. W. A. Johnson. "B" Co.
( New Westminster )—Lieut. G. O. M. Dockrill ;
Lieut. J. R. Grant. "C" Co. (Vancouver)—Capt.
F. W. Boultbee. "D"'- Co. (Vancouver)—Capt.
J. Reynolds Tite; Lieut. J. S. Tait. "E" Co.
(Vancouver)—Capt. J. Duff Stuart; Lieut. J. Boyd.
"F"Co. (Vancouver)—Lieut. H. C. Akroyd; Lieut.
C. B. Worsnop.
It was during Majc
that the first call came
Africa, and the selection
From "A" and "B"
minster—Corporals   G.   ]
r-General   Hutton's   visit
for  volunteers for South
resulted as follows :—
Companies,   New   West-
i.   Corbould  and   W. A.
Wallace,    Privates   A.  S.  Battson,  C.  T.  Leamy,
J. Porter Smith, W. H. Brooking, A. Lohman,
Otway Wilkie.
From Vancouver Companies — Sergt. John
Moscrop, Lce.-Corpl. J. J. Sinclair, Privates Geo.
Hutchings, Percy Greaves, R. McCalmont, H. M.
Bonner, J. H. Livingston, Sidney Harrison,
S. O'Brien, C. C. Thompson, Geo. Wallace, H. J.
Allen, A. R. Mackie, A. J. Nye, N. E. Neibergall
and W. Jackson.
At Paardeberg Private Jackson was killed
and Privates Lohman, Thompson and Niebergall
were wounded.
In January, 1900, Sergt. A. C. Bundy, who
had just completed twelve years service in the
R. M. R., joined the 6th Battalion as Sergeant-
Major.
In April the Battalion was called upon to
supply twenty men for six months' service in the
3rd Special Service Battalion R. C. R., and this
draft went into garrison at Victoria a week later.
Lieut. H. C. Akroyd also was appointed for duty
with the Battalion.
In May the designation of the Corps was
changed to the 6th Regiment "The Duke of
Connaught's Own Rifles," His Royal Highness
having accepted the Honorary Colonelcy and
permitted the use of his name.
In  July the   Regiment  was  called out in aid of the Civil Power to prevent anticipated riots in
Steveston. The call came after 11 p. m. on July
23rd and the Regiment left by boat at 2 a. m.
July 24th, remaining in Steveston until July 30th,
and arriving in Vancouver in time to receive the
new Governor-General of the Dominion, Lord
Minto, at the railway station.
The annual mobilzation took place at Esquimalt
on Sept. 2nd. It was not until November, 1900,
that the Rifle uniforms were received and issued
and the old Artillery tunics and serges returned
to Stores.
On the last day in the year the Regiment
turned out with the citizens to welcome home those
of the First Contingent who were returning from
South Africa.
In March, 1901, Major C. C. Bennett was
seconded for service in the South African Constabulary.
On the occasion of His Royal Highness the
Duke of York's visit the Regiment furnished Guards
of honor on September 30th and October 3rd, 1901.
His Royal Highness opened the new Drill Hall
on  Beatty Street, which had just been completed.
In May, 1902, Lieut. C. B. Worsnop received
an appointment in the 5th Regiment, C. M. R.,
and left for South Africa.
In   the   following   month   Major-General   Sir
Charles Parsons, C.-in-C. Troops in British North
America, inspected the 6th Regiment and detachments of native troops from Hong Kong and Singapore on their way to the Coronation ceremonies.
In November Lieut.-Col. C. A. Worsnop, who
had commanded the Regiment for his full term,
was placed on the Reserve of Officers, and the
command devolved upon Major J. C. Whyte.
During Lieut.-Col. Worsnop's tenure of command the local companies had each won the special
prizes given by the Governor-General, Lord Lansdowne, to the best Garrison Artillery Company
in Canada, and the Regiment had reached a high
standard in discipline and efficiency.
Early in 1903 two new Companies, " G " and
" H," were added to the Regiment, and the officers
at that time were :
Lieut.-Col. J. C. Whyte, in command ; Major
F. W. Boultbee, second in command ; Major A.
Henderson, Junior Major ; Capt. J. Duff Stuart,
Adjutant; Surg.-Major A. M. Robertson, Surgeon;
Capt. C. Gardiner Johnson, Quartermaster.
The Company Officers were : Capts. J. Reynolds Tite, W. A. Johnson, J. R. Grant, John Boyd,
J. S. Tait, C. B. Worsnop, W. Hart-McHarg and
Roy Macgowan.
In December of the same year the Regiment
was inspected and   highly complimented  by  Lord Dundonald, General Officer Commandin;
The year 1904 was marked by the winnin
His Majesty the King's prize at Bisley, by
S. J. Perry, the first native-born Canadian to
this coveted trophy.
In September, 1905, the Minister of Mi
Sir Frederick Borden, K. C. M.G., in the pr
of the Regiment and a large concourse of ci
unveiled the handsome brass tablet which
adorns the east wall of the Drill Hall,
inscription on this tablet is as follows:
g of
Pte.
To the Me
' • those Members
of :
6th Regiment
The  Duke of Connaught's Own Rifli
who lost their lives
in the Service of the Empire
IN   THE
War in South Africa
1899-1902 :
Private  W. JACKSON
Private W.  F. WHITLEY
BOTH   OF   THE   2ND   RoYAL   CANADIAN   ReGIM
Trooper  E. C. A. MACKINTOSH
Strathcona Horse
erected by the j
citizens of
ÎGIMENT  AND   THE
VANCOUVER
During the present year the Regiment had an
interesting visit from His Royal Highness Prince
Arthur of Connaught. A Guard of Honor was
furnished and met His Royal Highness at the
wharf.
In the afternoon the Regiment was inspected,
and His Royal Highness expressed his great
pleasure at the opportunity afforded him of meeting and inspecting the Regiment of which his
father was honorary Colonel—a Regiment in which,
he said, the Duke of Connaught took the very
greatest interest.
An historical record of the Regiment, however
short, would not be complete without some mention
of the high state of efficiency attained in rifle shooting. The winning of the King's prize is naturally
the greatest mark of distinction yet achieved, but
a record has been established apart from this,
possessed by few, if any, other Regiments in Canada. For many years past the Regiment has
supplied its quota to the team sent to Ottawa,
and in regimental team matches at Rockliffe has
won more than its share of events. In matches
like the London Merchants, for teams representing
the different Provinces, the bth Regiment has been
well represented.
During the past four years the B. C. team has
twice won the  London Merchants' Challenge Cup,
L and on the other occasions took second place.
The 6th Regiment had the distinction of being
the first Regiment in Canada to win the Gordon
Highlanders' Musketry Trophy, a challenge trophy
presented by the 1st Battalion Gordon Highlanders
to commemorate their comradeship with the Royal
Canadian Regiment and other Canadian Corps in
South Africa.
Of late years the Regiment has always had
representatives on the Bisley team, in some years
there being as many as three or four out of the
twenty sent to represent Canada. This standard
is still being maintained, and there will be three
men on next year's team.
In 1905, Capt. W. H. Forrest and Capt. J.
Duff Stuart, both shot on the Canadian team which
won the Kolapore Cups, and were the recipients
of gold medals presented by the Dominion Government.
A   pleasing  and   interesting   phase   connected
with the development of rifle shooting is the
Annual International Competition which has been
arranged with the 2nd Regiment National Guard
of Washington.    Each team has won one contest.
Col. Denny, an. Imperial Officer who was for
a short time connected with the Canadian Militia
as Chief Intelligence Officer, was on Lord Dun-
donald's staff when the latter inspected the Regiment two years ago. Colonel Denny recently
wrote a special article on the Canadian Militia
for an English magazine, in which he stated that
the 6th Regiment "The Duke of Connaught's
Own Rifles" was one of the smartest regiments
he had seen in Canada.
The object of all connected with the Regiment is to maintain and improve its smartness
and efficiency, so that if at any time its services
are needed by the Country in the stern abitrament
of war, it will do honor to itself and the name it
bears, and live up to the motto on its coat of
arms :  " Celer et Fortis." Officers of the 6th Regiment The 'Duke of Connaught's Own Rifles
Lieut.-Colonel J. C. Whyte, Commanding
Major F. W. Boultbee Major C. Gardiner Johnson, Quartermaster
Major A. Henderson Capt. J. Duff Stuart, Adjutant
Surgeon-Lieut. F. C. McTavish Capt. W. H. Forrest, Pqymas
Capt. Rev. C. C. Owen, Chaplain
Capt. J. Reynolds Tite
Capt. W. A. Johnson-
Capt. J. S. Tait
Capt. C. B. Worsnop
Capt. W. Hart-McHarg
Capt. H. DeW. King
  Capt. J. H. D. Hulme
Lieut. H. C. Akroyd Lieut. D. C. Tuck
Lieut. W. J. Corbett Lieut. H. A. Wilson
Lieut. J. G. Gamon Lieut. V. W. Odlum
Lieut. J. H. MacGill Lieut. E. L. Webber
Lieut. A. J. Leamy Lieut. W.. D. S. Rorison
Lieut. G. A. Boult Lieut. T. Jenkins
Lieut. A. Rowan Lieut. J. Sclater
Lieut. G. B. Corbould Lieut. C. Milne
Lieut. T. Cunningham Lieut. W. G. Morrison
Lieut. A. Graham Lieut. F. W. Asi
Lieut. P. M. Ferris
Corps Reserve, Capt. R. Macgowan Capt. J. Duff Stuart, Adjutant
Capt. W.  H.  Forrest,  Paymaster Lieut. F. C McTavish, Surgeon
Capt. J.  Reynolds Tite
Capt.  C.  C.  Owen,  Chapla
Lieut. Rowland Brittain,
Corps of Guides
Lieut.  D. de C  Hutchinson,
90th Regiment (Attached) Officers' Mess and Trophies Captain J.  S. Tait
Capt. W.  Hart-McHarg
Capt.  C.   B. Worsnop
Capt. J. H. D.  Hulme
Capt. W. A. Johnson KL !P*    ik&M.^^É
en
1 *^sç^- "j|î*5^SK®SI^S^B?^\^si^S^**           ^Sh
1
Colonel J. G. Holmes,  D. 0. C, and Group of Officers
(Headquarters Companies and Staff,  1903) Lieut. J.  H.  MacGill
Lieut. A. J.  Leamy First South African Contingent (Headquarters Co: Lieut.  E.   L. Webber
Lieut. W.  D.  S.  Rorison
Lieut.  C  Milne
Lieut. T. Jenkins
Lieut. Jas. Sclater Non-Commissioned Officers, 1894 Lieut. G. A. Bou
Lieut. G. B. Corbould
Lieut. T. Cunninghaiv
Lieut. A. Graham
Lieut.  P. M.  Ferris _. Lieut.  D.  C. Tuck
Lieut.  H. A. Wilson
Lieut.  F. W. Aston
Lieut. W. G. Morrison Quartermaster-Sergt. F. Kennedy      F. T. Highfield, W.O., Bandmaster
L IINET''
1   j9 % ■
1       !
^f*P|
I       fL1 \jk^   ^
te^,   SL
«^               ,3&ê*-'
W^'*'IW^fW
rl
I ■ ■*» ■    ' <B   H
PJWDB ^:
IjLwË^m
\-:\l<sm}  ^   jH
IgjBKîË
*mÏé^m
• '^ifPyr
* *J8PK* ^*^^
I $£|
\^ HP
' .    '- j
f                /1
*   •    M
*
99
"àdT ■>   /■'■
à^^âk
^1
sSS^\    «k^wu.    '
lam
^^S^g
^ffl
l
ip^-^U* i ■ -
SP •.
Group of Sergi
ants, 2nd Battalion
5th Regiment C. A.,
1899 Sergeants' Mess (Headquarters Companies) y
mkfw
111
Major T.  O. Town
Lieut.-Col. C. A. Worsnop Surgeon-Major A. M. Robertson
Major C. C.  Bennet
Capt. J. F. Garden,
Late Quartermaster
FORMER   OFFICERS «'.    .    k ****** -■'Mr^, '",'" "
II"
/
Sergeants,   "A" and "B" Compan:  BWÉIN
mmn
^Jt^fk aa J
ffir*    * ;'C"  Company Iff
1!!';,'.  -ffàfHJi
ty&iÊ
^é^iss^p\
PftMfâs    1 H " Company
-J  Winning Team,  6th Regiment D. C. O. R.,  International Rifle Match,  1905 Maxim Gun Detachment Armouries, New Westminster The Vancouver Drill Hall, Erected 1901 Regimental Band,  6th
t, D. C. O.  R. (1901-6), "%equiscal in 1*8X2"
||||1S| J. <L TOljgte
. Late ©ffiner (Eummattding Sixth: pincent, i- <2L ©. H.
BORN 1861—DIED 1907.
THE LATE LIEUT.-COL. WHYTE was born in Stirling, Scotland, and at the early age of two years
accompanied his parents to Canada, later receiving his education at the Ottawa Collegiate Institute. Subsequently he migrated westward, taking up his residence in Victoria, B. C. From the Capital he removed to New
Westminster, where he resided until his death, a few months ago. While in this Province he took part in railway
construction work to a considerable extent, having been Superintendent of Construction during the building of the
Nakusp & Slocan and Revelstoke & Arrowhead Lake Railways, both-of which now form part of the C. P. R.
Kootenay system. For several years he was also connected with the Vancouver firm of Armstrong & Morrison,
Contractors, &c, as Book-keeper and Accountant. Later he was appointed Warden of the New Westminster
Penitentiary, which office he held up to a week or so prior to his death.
In athletic circles the late Lieut.-Col. Whyte was very prominent. Whilst living in Ontario he twice
represented his province in international football games, and in the Royal City his name was long identified as a
keen supporter and member of the lacrosse club.
As a member of the Active Canadian Militia, Lieut.-Col. Whyte was a man of sterling qualities. Keen,
energetic and deeply alive to the responsibilities of his command, he brought himself into personal touch with all
ranks. His unfailing courtesy and his ever-present good humor and great heartedness made his untimely death a .
heavy blow to all ranks of the Sixth Regiment. Joining the local battalion on November 26th, 1897, as Provisional
Lieutenant, and gazetted Second Lieutenant on April 7th, 1898, Lieut.-Col. Whyte's promotion in the militia was
extremely rapid. On October 3rd, 1898, he received his promotion as Major, and on November 28th, 1902, assumed command of the Sixth Regiment, D. C. O. R., on the retirement of Lieut.-Col. Worsnop on the time expiration
of his tenure of command. On February 28th, 1903, Major Whyte was formally gazetted Lieutenant-Colonel
commanding the local battalion.
At the time of his death, on October 9th, 1907, Lieut.-Col. J. C. Whyte
Columbia Rifle Association, Vice-President of the Dominion Rifle Association,
Canadian Rifle League. H
8    g
l| g
a ^ œ
3 o O
O O   c;
O  O   t-1
■
f     ¥# Major F. W.  Boultbee, Commanding 6th Regiment,  D. C. O.  R., and Some of His Office 6th  Regiment,  "The Duke of Connaught's Own Rifles"
The Officers Commanding, and Staff, with Headquarter's Companies, Regimental and Bugle Bands,
on the Cambie Street Parade Ground. Silver Bugle Band, 6th Regiment,  D. C. O.  R.
Lieut. W. J.  McManus, Instructor, Sergt.-Bugler W. J. Thicke Regimental Band, 6th Regiment, D. C. O.  R., J. W. Trendell, Bandmaster  

Cite

Citation Scheme:

        

Citations by CSL (citeproc-js)

Usage Statistics

Share

Embed

Customize your widget with the following options, then copy and paste the code below into the HTML of your page to embed this item in your website.
                        
                            <div id="ubcOpenCollectionsWidgetDisplay">
                            <script id="ubcOpenCollectionsWidget"
                            src="{[{embed.src}]}"
                            data-item="{[{embed.item}]}"
                            data-collection="{[{embed.collection}]}"
                            data-metadata="{[{embed.showMetadata}]}"
                            data-width="{[{embed.width}]}"
                            async >
                            </script>
                            </div>
                        
                    
IIIF logo Our image viewer uses the IIIF 2.0 standard. To load this item in other compatible viewers, use this url:
http://iiif.library.ubc.ca/presentation/cdm.bcbooks.1-0348595/manifest

Comment

Related Items