Open Collections

BC Sessional Papers

PART D. SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL MINERAL SURVEY DISTRICTS (Nos. 3 AND 4). BY A. M. RICHMOND. British Columbia. Legislative Assembly 1936

Item Metadata

Download

Media
bcsessional-1.0308265.pdf
Metadata
JSON: bcsessional-1.0308265.json
JSON-LD: bcsessional-1.0308265-ld.json
RDF/XML (Pretty): bcsessional-1.0308265-rdf.xml
RDF/JSON: bcsessional-1.0308265-rdf.json
Turtle: bcsessional-1.0308265-turtle.txt
N-Triples: bcsessional-1.0308265-rdf-ntriples.txt
Original Record: bcsessional-1.0308265-source.json
Full Text
bcsessional-1.0308265-fulltext.txt
Citation
bcsessional-1.0308265.ris

Full Text

 SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DISTRICTS  (Nos. 3 AND 4). D 1
PART D.
SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL MINERAL SURVEY DISTRICTS
(Nos. 3 AND 4).
BY
A. M. Richmond.
SUMMARY.
Briefly summarizing mining activity in the seven mining divisions comprising the Southern
and Central Mineral Survey Districts, it is pleasing to record progress in prospecting, development, and production during 1935.
Major interest was centred in the search for gold properties, and, stimulated by favourable
mining developments in the Hedley camp, much old and new ground was re-examined and
prospected in that camp during 1935. The result was the re-establishment of Hedley as a
gold-mining camp of importance, with one property (reopened) producing at the rate of 210
tons or more per day; another property being equipped with mining and milling equipment
of modern design to treat 150 tons per day (which it is expected will be in operation by April,
1936) ; and the announcement that one and possibly two new milling plants will be built and
placed in operation during 1936.
Similar prospecting, but on a reduced scale, was done in the Osoyoos, Oliver-Fairview,
Lightning Peak, Monashee, Vernon, Greenwood, Grand Forks, Summerland-Peachland, Nicola,
and Windpass areas, and some encouraging gold discoveries were reported. Revival of interest
in silver properties resulted in Beaverdell receiving more attention than for several years past,
and as more knowledge is gained about the intricate faulted nature of the ore deposits in this
camp it is confidently expected that production, already substantial in the aggregate, will be
materially increased.
Placer-prospecting and small-scale individual placer-mining operations were about the
same as in previous years. The larger operations on Rock creek, Midway creek, and the
Similkameen-Tulameen areas did not report a particularly successful year. Renewed interest
has been taken in the old high-bench channels on Scotch creek and Woods Lake benches, where
more extensive testing has recently been started.
It is worthy of note that while the Nos. 3 and 4 Mineral Survey Districts, situated conveniently as they are with respect to road and rail transportation, have always been thought
of as thoroughly prospected, there still remain many areas of potential promise. Some of
these, now coming into prominence, were prospected many years ago, but changed economic
conditions have caused a renewal of interest by those interested in mining. Generally speaking,
it is the prevailing opinion that the old mining camps of the southern part of the No. 3 and
particularly No. 4 Mineral Survey Districts have been thoroughly gone over in recent years,
but this is quite to the contrary. Particular reference to the Greenwood-Phoenix, Franklin,
South Okanagan, and Camp McKinney areas may be made where a number of old producers
and possible potential prospects exist.
In the more isolated parts of the district there are also several promising areas for
prospecting: The area to the south of the Tulameen and Similkameen rivers; the country
lying between the Okanagan lake and Nicola; the area near the headwaters of the Kettle
river; and some areas on both sides of the North Thompson river. In all instances mentioned
attractive samples of mineral have been brought out from time to time by the few prospectors
working in these areas.
Production.
No. 3 District.—Ore, 27,444 tons; gold, lode, 7,576 oz.; silver, 44,069 oz.; copper, 38,448
lb.; lead, 269,652 lb.; zinc, 89,926 lb.; placer gold, 261 oz.; miscellaneous metals, minerals,
and structural materials produced had a value of $138,620. Coal production for this district
was 25,617 tons.
No. If District.—Ore, 184,471 tons; gold, lode, 33,795 oz.; silver, 801,812 oz.; copper,
2,334 lb.;   lead, 706,066 lb.;   zinc, 638,557 lb.;   placer gold, 461 oz.;   miscellaneous metals,
PROVINCIAL LIBRARY
VICTORIA, B.C. D 2
REPORT OF THE MINISTER OF MINES, 1935.
minerals, and structural materials produced had a value of $51,280.    Coal production for this
district was 121,118 tons.
Acknowledgments.
The writer desires to acknowledge the help and many courtesies extended to him by the
prospectors, mining operators, engineers, and the general public with whom he came in
contact during the field season.
LODE-GOLD DEPOSITS.
Greenwood-Phoenix Area.
For details concerning the past history the reader is referred to the Annual Reports for
1896 to 1934 and also to the Geological Survey of Canada publications, Memoirs 19 and 21, on
the Deadwood and Phoenix camp. The geological map No. 828, " Boundary Creek Mining
District," presents an excellent guide to the general geology and its relation to the mining
occurrences of the camp.
Jewel Lake Camp.
(See Annual Reports under Amanda for 1897 and Amandy in 1903 and 1934.)
Amandy.        This group, consisting of the Amandy Crown-granted Lot 2795 and six other
claims held by location, is owned by E. C. Henniger and associates, of Grand
Forks.    Under the name of Amanda in the Annual Report for 1897 the property is briefly
Detail   Plan  Opencut   6
(See Detail)
El 5000' Shaft    H       j-*5£_x-x'i.,      „
jr;* y'-y } Ses Detai1
^^r
tj M
Detail    Sections    5haft    M
SECTION  X-X' SECTION   Y'-Y
Quartz
Quartz
/ /Width x
OzQold
0,
. Silver;
/    1       54"
0 30
5.0   H\
0 04
°2   \\\
Zml_
Tr.
30    \\\
0 SO
jlL_\\\
O.Z4-
35          \\
24"
0 30
3.5             \
eo       io
Scale   F J—
O
-£
4f>
Feet
B.C. Department of Mines, 1935
Amandy.    Plan and Sections of Part of Surface and Underground Workings.
mentioned as being owned by Chas. Collier et al., and that some exploration was done on two
quartz-outcrops—one, 15 to 18 inches wide, mineralized with galena, sphalerite, and pyrite,
and the other at the north end of the claim, 4 feet wide, of barren-looking quartz. In 1903
the same claim, under the name of Amandy, Lot 2795, is recorded as having been Crown-
granted by James Hunter. No further reference of note appears in official records until 1934.
A short time prior to this the Amandy was leased from the Government by E. C. Henniger
et al. and six other adjoining claims staked. In November, 1934, after back taxes were paid,
the claim was re-Crown-granted in Henniger's name. SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DISTRICTS  (Nos. 3 AND 4). D 3
The Amandy, upon which most of the exploration has been done, lies at an elevation of
approximately 5,000 feet, generally on the southern slopes of Rhoderic Dhu mountain, which
lies north-west of Jewel lake. On the upper part of the group the ground slopes gradually
to the south and west, but becomes more precipitous to the south before reaching Jewel lake,
about 1,300 feet lower and 3,500 feet distant. A sufficiently abundant growth of fir timber
for mining purposes can be obtained on the claims. Water is scarce in the immediate vicinity,
but plenty is available in Jewel lake. A branch from the West Kootenay Electric Power
Company line supplies the Dentonia mine across Jewel lake, about 2 miles distant south,
with power. Transportation consists of a road about 8 miles long from Greenwood, on the
Canadian Pacific Railway, to Jewel lake, and from thence a newly constructed road uphill
for a distance about 2 miles to within a few hundred yards of the camp at 5,000 feet elevation.
The formations in the immediate vicinity of the Amandy claim consist of quartzitic
schists, strike northerly, dip from 30 to 60 degrees easterly. A short distance south of
shaft " H " a porphyritic granite tongue strikes across the schist-beds in a north-westerly
direction. Beyond this to the south the schists continue to outcrop. The attitude and width
of this intrusive rock is uncertain and obscured by hidden contacts and apparently large
inclusions of schist, but at most the surface exposure is not more than 100 feet across. For
the same reason, the relation of this intrusive, if any, to the granite batholith, known to
underlie the Jewel Lake area, could not be definitely ascertained. The schists have been
fractured, sheared, and generally quartz-filled along the bedding-planes in a wide semicircle
trending gradually east towards the north boundary of the Amandy, and to east of south in
the opposite direction. Two other less prominent fractures occur, one outcropping a short
distance east of shaft " H " and the other about 125 feet north-east of cut " C." Similar
outcrops to the west and south-west of the main fracture expose other shear-zones less well
defined, striking in variable directions and without apparent continuity for more than a
few feet.
Mineralization in the main fracture, which has free walls, consists of pyrite oxidized near
the surface and lesser amounts of galena, sphalerite, and occasionally a bright silvery-coloured
mineral undetermined, but probably telluride in a gangue of quartz alternately banded with
schist. The width of quartz in the main fracture varies from a few inches to 10 feet in
comparatively short distances on the strike and dip. In the other fracture similar minerals
are found in widths from % to 18 inches.
Exploration consists of open-cuts, pits, and shafts portrayed on the map. In addition to
these, a shallow shaft and open-cuts have been excavated on some of the various outcrops
mentioned above.
Summing up the possibilities of these showings, it may be said that the main fracture is
typical of others found in the schists in the Jewel Lake area, where structural conditions play
an all-important part in the deposition of minerals. The different attitudes of the schist-beds
both on the strike and dip have often been a controlling factor, permitting easy access or
otherwise of the ore-bearing solutions. Rakes of ore-bodies in different directions within the
shear-zones is also of common occurrence. The improvement in the quantity of quartz,
minerals, and values in depth in shaft " H " is an encouraging feature and warrants continued
exploration. Most of the work has been done recently by four men in cut " C " and shaft " H,"
where a higher ratio of minerals in greater widths of q'uartz have been found as depth is
attained.
(See Annual Reports, 1897 and 1931 to 1934, under North Star.)    This
Superior Mines, company, with headquarters at 6 Cameron Building, Calgary, Alberta, and
Ltd. reported as owning a controlling interest in the Askalta Oil Company, has
bonded the North Star group of claims, consisting of the following:   North
Star (Lot 1165), Cairn Gorn Fraction (Lot 2853), Old Bird (Lot 1324), Golden Eagle Fraction,
and Eastern Star Fraction, situated to the north-west and adjoining the Dentonia mine, and
also the old Providence mine located about 1 mile north of Greenwood.
The North Star group, elevation 4,700 feet, lies on the rolling summit and eastern slope
of the range of mountains skirting the east side of Jewel lake, and can be reached by a branch
road from the Dentonia mine.    Timber is plentiful, but water is scarce, except in Jewel lake.
The vein upon which most of the work has been done occurs in schistose quartzite, conforms
to the strike of the formation in a northerly direction, dips variably to the east, and is often D 4
REPORT OF THE MINISTER OF MINES, 1935.
LEGEND
Porphyry   Dyke
Quartzitic Schist
Quartz Surface
No I Adit
No.2   "
Stoped areas
Open-cut
Stripping
No.l (Upper) Adit
El   4575'
ISC Department of Mines, 1935
Superior Gold Mines, Ltd.    Plan showing North Star Workings. SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DISTRICTS  (Nos. 3 AND 4). D 5
frozen to the walls. Mineralization consists of pyrite, galena, sphalerite, and gold telluride
in a gangue of quartz. The mineral-zones, which reach a maximum width of 3 feet, but
average about 8 inches, lie in isolated shoots, with low-grade quartz between.
The North Star and Cairn Gorn were first bonded by Leslie Hill in 1897 and two shafts
sunk, 50 and 60 feet respectively, on the vein. At a later date (not known) a crosscut 45 feet
long was driven to intersect the vein below the shafts and a drift driven 125 feet on the vein.
At a point about 45 feet along the vein some stoping was done and a shipment of ore made to
the smelter. In 1932 R. L. Clothier and associates, of Penticton, leased the North Star and
shipped three car-loads of ore to Trail. In 1933 W. E. McArthur, of Greenwood, shipped a
car-load of ore from the same stope and drove the main adit ahead, as well as a semicircular
side-drift on a branch vein. In 1934 the Superior Mines extended the main drift in a northerly
direction through a porphyry dyke.
Development on the surface consists of two shafts 50 and 60 feet deep, as well as numerous
open-cuts over a length of about 500 feet. Underground, a considerable amount of drifting
and crosscutting has been done and a small area stoped. From the point where the crosscut
intersects the vein for 42 feet along the north drift the vein is split, having a maximum width
of 14 inches, averaging about 4 inches on each strand. For the next 83 feet much of the ore
has been stoped above the level; then for 27 feet the vein is narrow and displaced. From this
point for some distance only occasional displaced remnants of quartz occur. In the semicircular side-drift, about 40 feet long, driven easterly from a point about 120 feet along the
drift, the vein is much disturbed and narrow, but generally well mineralized.
From a study of the plan it is apparent that the north drift (5) on the No. 1 adit-level
stopped at an interesting place and it should be continued to the north through the intrusive
porphyry tongue and turned to the north-west to determine what values exist in the vein
projection at point (7). Similarly, the south drift on No. 2 level should be continued southwest from (1) to get under the area stoped on No. 1 adit-level. A short crosscut should also
be driven north-west to intersect the downward continuation of the (3-4) stope at point (2).
A limited amount of surface-trenching at (6) would throw considerable light on what
happens to the dyke found cutting both adits underground. It is quite possible the intrusive
does not reach the surface and that the flat dip of the vein south of (6) is due to this part of
the country being subjected to a regional uplift by the underlying intrusive.
Stoping was started on a small .shoot of ore on the No. 2 adit south crosscut, and the ore
so mined, together with that roughly sorted from the rest of the development in this crosscut,
was piled separately on the dump. Three large samples of the 400-ton dump were taken and
the assays were:—-(1.) Top edge of dump: Gold, 0.16 oz. per ton; silver, 0.8 oz. per ton;
nil in lead and zinc. (2.) Toe of dump 6 feet below (1) : Gold, 0.16 oz. per ton; silver, 0.8 oz.
per ton; nil in lead and zinc. (3.) Surface of dump: Gold, 0.19 oz. per ton; silver, 0.4 oz.
per ton; nil in lead and zinc. An assay of an 8- to 10-inch stringer of heavy sulphides from
the winze on No. 2 adit-level assayed: Gold, 2.06 oz. per ton; silver, 10.4 oz. per ton; copper,
2 per cent.;   lead, 6 per cent.;  zinc, 2 per cent.
Recently W. E. McArthur, of Greenwood, took over the property and has had six men
working.    They have shipped 150 tons of ore from the property.
The Providence property was kept pumped out, but remained inactive after the first few
months of 1935, when an attempt was made to mill ore from the Providence mine dump in the
50-ton mill newly constructed for this purpose a short distance to the south of the mine.
The 1934 suggested flow-sheet was as follows: 10-ton coarse-ore bin; %-inch grizzly;
9- by 16-inch Forano jaw-crusher; 75-ton fine-ore bin; 6-foot by 22-inch Hardinge conical
ball-mill; Dorr simplex classifier; 6-cell gravity-flow flotation unit; 10 by 4 feet 5 inches by
4 feet deep settling-tanks. Milling operations commenced on October 25th, 1934. The ore was
transported from the dump to the mill by a 5-ton truck.
North Copper Camp.
This group of eleven claims held by location, owned by D. Spooner and
Mabel-Jenny,    associates, of Holberg, is situated to the east of the Princess Louise Crown-
granted group of claims at the headwaters of Nicholson creek.    The claims
may be reached by a 10-mile road and 2 miles of trail up Nicholson creek from Kettle Valley
Station on the Kettle Valley Railway, or by 7 miles of road and 3 miles of trail from Greenwood D 6
REPORT OF THE MINISTER OF MINES, 1935.
1%**
LEGEND
Feldspar   porphyry
Open-cut
Stripping
Fault
Width    Oz Gold     Oz. Silver
8" 0.4? 0 8
10" 0. 14 I a
Dump
m.
B C Department of Mines, 1935
Mabel-Jenny Group.    Plan showing Surface Workings.
'£?■- SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DISTRICTS  (Nos. 3 AND 4). D 7
via Deadwood and the Copper Mine property at the head of Deadwood creek. The principal
showings are located on sparsely timbered uplands of moderate relief at an elevation of 4,750
feet.    There is, however, ample timber on the claims for all mining purposes.
The rocks in the vicinity of the showings, illustrated on the accompanying sketch-plan,
are mainly granodiorite to diorite. To the east end of the area the diorite is cut by irregular
feldspar " bird's-eye " porphyry dykes, while open-cuts just off the south-west edge of the
plan disclose highly altered argillaceous remnants and volcanic flow-rocks overlying the diorite.
A general east-west system of narrow quartz veins 4 to 20 inches in width are found in badly
faulted fissures in the diorite, and the occurrence of good gold values in association with the
arsenopyrite, pyrite, quartz veins has been the reason for the extensive surface prospecting
the claims have received on both sides of the old 22-foot shaft which was apparently sunk many
years ago. The trenching indicates vein systems extending for almost 900 feet along the
general east-west strike. Two vein systems are apparent, as illustrated, both being of similar
age and character.
While in general the values from such channel samples as were taken were comparatively
low in gold content for narrow vein-widths uncovered so far, further prospecting is warranted
by the extent of the mineralization and the comparative ease by which it may be accomplished.
Approximately 1,000 feet north-east of the shaft and at 4,875 feet elevation a shear-zone
averaging 9 feet wide of heavy pyrite-pyrrhotite mineralization, and occasionally arsenopyrite,
has been uncovered by two trenches 250 feet apart on the east-west strike of the shear.
A sample of the best-looking sulphides containing pyrite, pyrrhotite, and arsenopyrite assayed:
Gold, 0.01 oz. per ton;  silver, 0.2 oz. per ton;  copper, nil.
Several of the samples taken from the vein system near the shaft were assayed for arsenic
content, and found to contain from 2.3 to 6.4 per cent, arsenic.
North Thompson River Area.
Birk Creek.
(See Annual Report, 1927.) This group of eight claims, owned by Nick
North Star. Fosberg and associates, of Barriere, is situated on the south side of Birk
creek, an easterly-flowing stream which enters the Barriere river 1 mile
south of its source at North Barriere lake. The claims, at an altitude of 4,000 to 5,500 feet
above sea-level, are 8 miles by trail from the end of the road to C. Johnson's ranch at North
Barriere lake, connected with the North Thompson highway. The topography is of moderate
relief, except in the immediate vicinity of Birk creek and its tributary streams, where erosion
has been more pronounced, leaving precipitous bluffs and rocky talus-slopes. There is a
plentiful supply of good timber and water on the claims.
The rocks of the general area are light-coloured sericitic schists, slates, and intercalated
limestone and dolomite beds, which are intruded in places by narrow andesite and diabase
dykes. No igneous rocks were seen in the immediate vicinity of the workings, but reports state
that a few thousand feet south a stock of diorite or granodiorite outcrops and 2 or 3 miles to
the north granodiorite and granite of the Baldie batholith invades the area.
Two main groups of mineral-showings have been developed, the first on the banks of
Birk creek at 4,575 feet elevation, three-quarters of a mile north of the camp, and the second
to the south and east of the camp at 5,000 to 5,200 feet elevation. The first showing is of
interest because it uncovers several small non-commercial replacements in limestone mineralized with pyrite and galena, which should encourage prospecting for larger sulphide deposits
in favourable limestone-beds of the vicinity.
The second group of showings is shown in detail on the accompanying plan. Here
quartz veins generally from 18 to 72 inches in width occur on both sides of the schist-slate
contact, in irregular distribution over an area 600 by 400 feet. The schist-slate contact strikes
generally north-west and one major fault is indicated between the upper and lower creek
showings. The quartz is massive and milky white, slightly oxidized at the surface and
mineralized with irregular patches and segregations of galena, pyrite, and sphalerite, and
associated gold and silver values.    Continuity has not been definitely established for any D 8
REPORT OF THE MINISTER OF MINES, 1935.
appreciable length in any of the quartz-sulphide exposures, due to the presence of heavy
overburden.
A study of the sampling and the assay results indicates better than ordinary gold values
with the silver-bearing galena-sphalerite mineralization, and sufficient ore might be sorted
from the various open-cuts and adits to make small shipments which would enable the owners
to secure further funds with which to do more prospecting and development.
BC Department of Mines, 1935.
North Star Group, Birk Creek.    Plan showing South Workings.
The trail to the property was reconstructed by the owners during 1935 and four substantial
bridges built en route from the road to the camp.
COPPER-GOLD DEPOSITS.
Kamloops Area.
(See Annual Reports, 1924 and 1930, under Copper King.) This property,
Gold Crest. comprising nine Crown-granted claims owned by Baroness Sartorio and
under option to George F. Mobley, of Kamloops, is situated to the north of
and a few hundred feet above the Kamloops-Vancouver highway, 16 miles west of Kamloops.
A short side-road leads to the mine buildings and the ore-bins, located at the lower end of a
short inclined tramway which connects the bins with the lower adit at 2,200 feet elevation.
The property is approximately 1 mile south of the main line of the Canadian Pacific Railway,
but the nearest station, Cherry Creek, is 2% miles west by the road. The country is moderately
hilly and practically barren of timber.
The mineralization, consisting of chalcopyrite, pyrrhotite, bornite, some magnetite, and
associated gold and silver values, occurs along a fracture-zone in diorite. Platinum and
palladium assays have been reported from samples from this property, but those taken by
the writer did not contain these minerals.
The claims were first staked in 1897 by J. H. Hill, when the shaft was sunk to a depth of
25 feet and 3 tons of ore was sorted for shipment. In 1899 about 470 feet of open-cuts and
underground work was done. Small amounts of underground work were completed in
subsequent years until about 1906, when A. N. Gray purchased the property and shipped
between 900 and 1,000 tons of ore stated to average 0.3 oz. gold per ton and 4.4 per cent, copper SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DISTRICTS  (Nos. 3 AND 4).
D 9
from the stope above the upper level. The claims were acquired by Mr. Beckman in 1908 and
when he died title passed to the present owner. Four car-loads of ore was shipped to Trail
smelter in 1929, this being the first work done on the ground for many years. More recently
the workings have been cleaned out and a limited amount of underground drifting done.
The plan accompanying this report shows the underground workings as at June, 1935.
Several open-cuts and shallow shafts have been excavated to the north-west of the main
workings, and all show minor amounts of sulphide mineralization occurring along fractures
and joint-planes in diorite. The fractures have a general north to north-east trend and where
they are most numerous mineralization appears to be most intense.
The underground work has been done on two levels. The upper level (connected with
the surface by a shaft and with the lower adit by a winze) exposes the best mineralization,
consisting of chalcopyrite, bornite, pyrrhotite, and magnetite at its south-western end.
The mineralization extends along the east side of the main fracture-zone for a length of
Width   OzGold   oz Silver   ^Copper   Oz Platinum
038
BC Department of Mines, 1935
Gold Crest (Copper King Group).    Plan showing Underground Workings.
75 to 80 feet and averages about 15 feet in width. The main fracture-zone strikes north
30 to 35 degrees east and dips almost vertically. Four samples from this level taken by the
writer showed low gold and silver values with comparatively low copper values. One sample
picked by the optionee as being representative of mineral in which he had obtained platinum
and palladium values carried only traces of these minerals. The sample results are shown
in detail on the plan.
The lower adit, 72 feet below the upper level, comprises over 700 feet of crosscutting and
drifting. This work was done in an attempt to pick up the downward extension of the ore
found and shipped from the south end of the level above. The main fissure-zone does extend
down to this level, but the mineralization is very sparse with almost negligible values.
Several tons of ore at the adit-portal was sampled with the following results: Gold, 0.2 oz.
per ton;  silver, 0.8 oz. per ton;  copper, 2.1 per cent.;  platinum and palladium, nil.
PROGRESS NOTES.
Jamieson Creek Area.
Several days were spent by the writer in the Jamieson Creek area examining such prospects as were accessible. The occurrence of gold in quartz veins on this creek has long been
known, the earliest reference being made to the Homestake property by G. M. Dawson in 1888.
Many other quartz veins are found both in the prevailing argillaceous sediments and altered
greenstone volcanics, as well as within the granite-granodiorite stock to the north of Jamieson
creek, on the west side of the North Thompson river. Development-work to date has been
spasmodic and only brief notes are available as to the past work at the Homestake (see Annual
Reports, 1899, 1901, 1904, 1913, 1930, and 1931; also Geological Survey of Canada Summary
Report, 1921, Part A, and Geological Survey of Canada Annual Report, 1896, Part B, Vol. 7);
the Molly Gibson (see Annual Reports, 1899, 1901, 1904, and 1913); and the Polestar (see
Annual Report, 1913). For information concerning these three properties the 1913 and 1930
Annual Reports summarize present conditions, except in the case of the Polestar, where a
limited amount of surface-stripping has been done west and north of the old shaft, now D 10 REPORT OF THE MINISTER OF MINES, 1935.
partially caved and inaccessible below 20 feet down from the collar. Recent work has been
done on the Mackay claims;  Bearcat, Shufly, Lakeview, and Royal Inland groups.
Jamieson creek is a south-easterly-flowing tributary of the North Thompson river which
has its headwaters on the Tranquille plateau (5,000 feet elevation) and enters the main river
15 miles north of Kamloops. The general topography is of moderate relief, except in the
immediate vicinity of the creek and its short tributaries, which flow through deep and narrow
steep-walled valleys. Timber is plentiful and water, though inadequate for power-development,
is sufficient for general mining requirements. Water for irrigation of the benches along the
west side of the North Thompson as far south as Tranquille is obtained from Jamieson creek,
the dam and flume intake being situated 1% miles up-stream from the outlet.
The area is well located with reference to transportation. A branch road 3 miles long
has been built up Jamieson Creek valley from the North Thompson West road. Another road
west from the highway starting 1 mile south of Jamieson creek gives access to the upper valley-
slopes south of the main creek-valley, while a third road to Inskip's ranch serves the Macaulay
Creek area. Several trails have been built through the park-like uplands and almost all
properties visited were easily reached by comparatively short and well-constructed pack-horse
trails.
The prevailing rocks, as previously mentioned, are light green to dark-coloured schistose
sediments and dark greenstone volcanic flow-rocks. The sediments on the lower section of
Jamieson creek are argillites and black thin-bedded shales and slates. The granite rocks of
the area outcrop in an oval-shaped mass, 1 mile wide by 1% miles long, across the lower valley
of Jamieson creek about 1 mile up-stream from the North Thompson river. Several acid dykes
of quartz porphyry cut the sediments close to their contact with the granite.
Summing up conditions on the creek, it may be said that most of the properties examined
have had but little work done on them. On the few properties which have received more than
the average attention values have been found to be erratic in distribution and of low value.
The quartz veins are found at many points in the sediments as well as in the granite, and so far
the best values seem to occur in those in the granitic rocks. The veins in the sediments
are generally narrow, from a few inches to 2 or 3 feet, and occasionally reach a maximum
width of 7 or 8 feet, but no continuity has been exposed at present for any appreciable distance.
The veins in the granite are generaly of better width and of more uniform value, and where
work has been done on the surface they have been followed for appreciable lengths.
Lode-gold Deposits.
Greenwood, Phoenix, and Vicinity.
Dentonia Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1933 and 1934.) Underground development
for 1935 consists of crosscutting and drifting 2,265 feet and raising 730 feet. This work was
done on and above the 300-foot level north into the Anchor claim and on and above the 500-foot
level north and south. Diamond-drilling 150 feet to the south of the Enterprise encountered
the vein 250 feet below the surface. The mill was operated on about a 100-ton basis during
the year.    About sixty men were employed.
Athelstan Jackpot.— (See Annual Reports, 1904, 1910, 1911, and 1912.) This group of
thirteen claims, situated in the Wellington camp, 3 miles south-east of Phoenix, is owned by
W. E. McArthur and associates, of Greenwood. Shipments of ore were made this year to
the smelter from the old workings.
Crescent.—This property, situated a short distance west of the Greenwood-Phoenix road
and 3 miles by road from Greenwood, was leased in the fall of 1935 by J. McDonnell & Son, of
Greenwood. The lessees were constructing suitable equipment preparatory to cleaning out the
main shaft on the claim and planned to explore the quartz vein below the stoped area, from
which a small tonnage of ore was mined in the past.
Bay.— (See Annual Reports, 1905, 1906, 1913, 1922, and 1934.) This group of two claims,
the Astoria and Bay, was again under lease to W. E. McArthur, of Greenwood. Five men
were employed and some shipments of gold-bearing quartz made from the foot-wall section
of the mine to the south of the main inclined shaft.
Winner.— (See Annual Reports, 1932 and 1933.) This group of claims, owned by George
Walters and associates, of Greenwood, includes the Winner, Legal Tender, Wren, and Good Grand Forks and Valley  of Kettle River.
\.
Wallace Mountain Mining Camp.     Beaverdell Railway-station in Foreground. -' 1
*    '•fil^BI Luck Fraction, situated a short distance south-east of Hartford Junction and Phoenix, close
to the old Anaconda-Phoenix road. During 1935 the Reigel Bros., of Spokane, Washington,
optioned the group and several diamond-drill holes were bored. The results of this work are
not to hand.    The option was dropped.
Jubilee.—This group of four claims, Jubilee and Jubilee Nos. 1, 2, and 3, owned by
R. Gilbert and R. E. Leask, of Greenwood, is situated on the south slopes of Atwood mountain,
between 5,000 and 5,500 feet, and about 4 miles in a direct line south-east of Greenwood.
A considerable amount of old and new work has been done, represented by open-cuts, stripping,
and one or two adits and shallow shafts.
Central Camp.
No. 7 Mine.—(See Annual Reports, 1896, 1897, 1900, 1901, 1903, 1909, 1912, and 1934.)
This group of claims, situated about 8 miles by road south-east of Greenwood, is owned by the
Consolidated Mining and Smelting Company and is at present being worked on lease by W. E.
McArthur, of Greenwood. Shipments early in the summer were approximately 600 tons per
month of siliceous ore containing galena, pyrite, gold, and silver from the upper levels of this
old property. In August shipments were curtailed to 100 tons per month owing to the inability
of the smelter to take more than this amount of ore monthly.
Grand Forks Area.
Yankee Boy.—(See Annual Reports, 1900, 1901, 1905, 1919, 1920, 1923 to 1925, 1930, 1931,
and 1934.) Shipments were made from this property to the smelter at Trail during 1935.
Underground development of the vein on the No. 1 adit-level and two intermediate levels below
it was continued westerly to the fault and stoping operations were continued on both the intermediate levels. The No. 2 adit was extended westerly to the fault. A crew of twelve to
twenty men is employed, with D. M. (Mickey) MacKay as superintendent for the Reigel Bros,
and the Royal Development Company, of Spokane.
Franklin Camp.
Union.— (See Annual Reports, 1913 to 1922, 1925 to 1934; also Memoir No. 56, Geological
Survey of Canada.) At this property in the Franklin camp underground work consisted of
further limited exploration and the removal of small unstoped ore-remnants. The mill was
operated on such ore as could be found underground and for the balance of the season in the
retreatment by cyanidation of the mill tailings of former years' work. Operations were
discontinued late in the year.
Hedley Camp.
Kelowna Exploration Co.— (See Annual Reports, 1933, 1934, and under Hedley Gold
Mining Company for 1917 to 1919, 1923, 1927, 1929, and 1930; also Geological Survey Memoir
No. 2, 1910, and Summary Report, 1929, Part A.) Full operations were resumed at the Nickel
Plate mine of this company in the spring of 1935 at a capacity of 210 tons daily. Approximately 1,910 feet of underground development and 12,200 feet of diamond-drilling was done
during the year, and a crew of 183 men was employed at the mine and mill as at December
31st, 1935. Paul Billingsley was consulting geologist and W. C. Douglass general manager.
Many replacements and plant improvements were effected during 1935, both at the mine, in
the ore-transportation system, and at the mill.
Hedley Mascot Gold Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1931 and 1934.) Work at this
company's property at Hedley during 1935 consisted of driving the main adit-crosscut 1,916
feet, out of a total of 2,616 feet required to reach the Mascot Fractional ore-bodies. By the
end of the year a modern 150-ton flotation-mill building was constructed and the primary
and secondary crushing machinery installed. Milling equipment had been received and will
probably be ready for operation in May, 1936, when production is scheduled to commence.
The aerial tramway with power and phone lines connecting the mill and mine adit was
practically completed by December 31st. W. R. Lindsay is manager for the company at
Hedley and W. C. S. Tremaine is chief engineer.
Shamrock.— (See Annual Report, 1934.) Exploration done upon this property since
1934 consists of driving a 50-foot adit at an elevation of 1,870 feet on the east or No. 1 porphyry
9 D 12 REPORT OF THE MINISTER OF MINES, 1935.
dyke. About 350 feet west and striking between south 25 and 30 degrees west, what appears
to be a branch of No. 1 dyke has been prospected by open-cuts.
Gold Mountain Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1933 and 1934, and under Pollock, 1909,
1910, and 1913.) During 1935 this property was bonded by the Consolidated Mining and
Smelting Company and 750 feet of diamond-drilling was done from the inner end of the lower
crosscut adit in search of the downward continuation of the mineralization developed on the
No. 1 adit of the Maple Leaf. The option was dropped late in 1935 and the owning company
is deepening the winze in the Maple Leaf adit. A crew of ten men was working under Frank
Dollemore.
Hedley Consolidated Gold Mines, Ltd.—This company was formed during 1935 to explore
a group of claims adjoining the Hedley Amalgamated Gold Mines holdings on Stemwinder
mountain, 2 miles north-west of Hedley. A crew of three men was employed stripping and
open-cutting different mineral-zones in replaced limestone and other sediments close to the
diorite-contact.
Hedley Sterling Gold Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1933 and 1934, and under Patsy,
1927, 1928, and 1931.) Since the above reports were written this company continued underground diamond-drilling and drifting on the " O " adit on its property on Sterling creek
until about the middle of July, when operations were suspended pending further financing.
Work done from No. " O " adit is as follows: No. 1 drift at 75 feet from the portal was
extended 40 feet north; No. 2 at 152 feet in was driven 50 feet north; No. 3 drift at 190 feet
in was driven 56 feet north; No. 4 drift at 227 feet in was driven 30 feet north; No, 5 drift
at 410 feet in was driven 259 feet north on the foot-wall of a dyke. In addition to this work
four diamond-drill holes were bored east at 350, 455, and 650 feet respectively in from the
No. " O " portal.
Fairview-Osoyoos Camp.
Brief visits were paid to a few of the operations in this camp and the notes which follow
summarize conditions at several of the better-known properties. Many prospectors were in the
hills according to reports and some discoveries are indicated.
Osoyoos Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1913, 1927, 1928, and 1930 to 1933, under
Dividend-Lakeview, and 1934.) This company continued exploration and development upon
the Dividend-Lakeview group of claims at Osoyoos during 1935. Underground work on the
Dividend included continuation of drifting on the No. 1 adit to the west and south and drilling
to test ore possibilities. A raise from No. 2 level to No. 1 adit was put through and No. 3
adit was continued to the south-east and diamond-drilling done below this level. On the
Lakeview and the Manx claims development was continued and the workings were thoroughly
examined and sampled.
The old 10-stamp mill at the property was rebuilt and run as a pilot plant for a short period
in the summer, after which about 2,300 tons of ore from the Dividend stopes above No. 1 adit-
level was milled on a custom basis at the mill of the Morning Star (Fairview) Gold Mines,
Limited. Shipments were stopped early in November and the 10-stamp mill is being remodelled
by the addition of a ball-mill, classifier, and flotation-machines to handle 50 tons of ore per day.
A crew of twenty to forty men has been employed.
Morning Star (Fairview) Gold Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1920, 1923, 1924, 1927,
1928, and 1930 to 1934.) The 50-ton mill constructed at this property was completed in August
and was operated at a 40-ton-per-day rating on ore obtained from the accumulated dump of
low-grade ore and from the 100-foot level and sub-level stopes below the 100-foot level. Underground work at that time was confined to the driving of crosscuts from the west end of the
100-foot level and stoping on the sub-level stopes on the east end of this level. At the end of
1935 the operation was in charge of J. B. Cowell, of Vancouver; several changes in staff being
made shortly before the end of the year.
Fairview Amalgamated Gold Mines.— (See Annual Reports, 1933 and 1934; and under
Flora, 1899 to 1901.) This company continued underground development in the form of
drifting, crosscutting, and raising on the No. 1 (upper) adit and No. 2 adit with a small crew
of men.    The property was not visited during 1935.
Susie.—(See Annual Reports, 1913, 1915, 1922, 1923, 1932, and 1934.) During 1935
approximately 2,800 feet of crosscutting, drifting, and raising was done on and from the new SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DISTRICTS  (Nos. 3 AND 4). D 13
low-level adit on the Susie claim, in addition to cleaning out and sampling the old adits on the
Wide West and Black Bear claims. The work was done by contract under the supervision of
R. Austin for the owners, the Federal Mining and Smelting Company. The property was not
visited during 1935.
Mak Siccar Gold Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1933 and 1934; and under Tiger,
1928, 1930, and 1931.) This company operated its property on the headwaters of Manery
creek, below Similkameen Station on the Great Northern Railway, throughout the year with a
crew of five to twelve men under the supervision of A. T. Miller. Underground work consisted
of drifting on the 3,750 level and 3,700 sub-level; driving a raise from the 3,750 level up
112 feet towards the 4,100-foot level; and sinking a winze below the 3,750-foot level to the
3,700-foot level.    This property was not visited during 1935.
Grandoro Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1932 to 1934; and under Oro Fino and
Independence, 1896, 1898, 1920, 1922, 1923, 1930, and 1931.) The ore indicated in the 1934
Annual Report, about 10,000 tons averaging 0.5 oz. gold per ton, was mined and trucked to
the Twin Lakes milling plant, three-quarters of a mile distant, during 1935 and operations
were suspended indefinitely in December, 1935. The crew has been dismissed and part of the
mining plant has been dismantled and sold. J. McLeod was superintendent in charge of the
property during the recent mining-work.
Twin Lakes Gold Mining Co., Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1933 and 1934; also under
Huntsman and Juniper, 1924 and 1933; B.E. Mining Company, 1929 to 1931; Parvenue Mines,
1932.) This mine remained idle throughout most of the year, except for a small amount of
underground development done during the months of June and July. The milling plant was
operated on ore from the Grandoro mine.
Osoyoos-Hecla.—This group of claims, owned by D. P. Simpson, of Osoyoos, and situated
to the south of and adjoining the property of the Osoyoos Mines, Limited, was further prospected during 1935 by diamond-drilling, done under the direction of the Osoyoos Mines,
Limited, to whom the claims were bonded for a short period. A magnetometer survey of the
Osoyoos-Hecla claim of the group was made by E. E. Bergman in April.
Okanagan Lake Area.
Kalamalka Mines.— (See Annual Report, 1934.) This group, consisting of twenty-four
claims owned by W. V. Somerville and associates, is situated 1% miles by road south of
Lavington, on the Canadian National Railway, and 11% miles by road from Vernon. Further
development was done by trenching, adits, and a winze on a series of quartz-filled shear-zones
and fissures in diorite and argillaceous rocks. A shipment of gold ore was made to the
smelter from these workings during the year.
Pre Cambrian Gold Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1929 to 1934; also under White
Elephant, 1921 to 1924, 1927 to 1929, and 1931 to 1933.) Operations were suspended at this
property during the summer of 1935. It was reported in the autumn that diamond-drilling
exploration was to be started, but no recent reports indicate that this work has been done.
Bluehawk.— (See Annual Report, 1933.) This property, owned and operated by the
Bluehawk Syndicate, of Kelowna, is situated 2 miles south-west of Wilson's Landing on
Okanagan Lake. Development-work consists of an open-cut as well as deepening a shaft
and driving an adit a short distance to the north-east from the bottom of the shaft. A 5-ton
shipment of ore was made from this working.
Monashee Camp.
Monashee Mines Syndicate, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1933 and 1934.) A crew of
thirty-eight men, under the supervision of G. F. Dickson and H. A. Rose, was employed at this
property until August, when operations were suspended indefinitely pending financing of
further development and mill-construction. Drifting was continued on the 4150-, 3950-, and
3,900-foot adits in addition to raising and crosscutting.
Stump Lake, Nicola.
Nicola Mines and Metals, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1916, 1920, 1927 to 1931, 1933 with
map, and 1934.) This property was reopened on July 10th by the same company under new
direction and management after having been closed down for several months.    When a limited amount of development-work had been done and the mill and buildings reconditioned, production commenced at the rate of 65 tons per day on August 1st. At the time of the writer's visit
the 440-foot level from the Enterprise shaft had been advanced 140 feet south and ore was being
stoped between this and the 320-foot level. Further drifting was also done on the 190-foot
level south.
Sheffield Gold and Silver Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, under Alameda, Thelma, and
Corona, 1924 to 1930 and 1934.) This property remained idle during 1935, following the fire
which destroyed the head-frame and buildings at the main Thelma shaft.
North Thompson Area.
Windpass Gold Mining Co., Ltd.—(See Annual Reports, 1917, 1921 to 1927,1930,1933, and
1934; also Geological Survey Summary Report, 1921, Part A.) On this company's property,
situated approximately 5 miles due east of Boulder Station on the Canadian National Railway,
mining and milling operations were continuous throughout the year. Milling capacity was
increased from 50 tons to 75 tons daily towards the close of the year; additional power equipment was installed in the mill; a loading-tower was constructed on the main Windpass aerial
tram at which to load ore from the Sweet Home claim; and shipments to the mill were
commenced from this part of the company's holdings late in the autumn.
Royal Inland.—This group of four claims held on location by Joseph Reid, who lives at the
mouth of Lanes (Macaulay) creek, is situated at the upper end of the South fork of the creek
of the same name and about 7 miles by trail from Inskip's ranch (the end of the road), and
approximately 21 miles by road and trail from Kamloops. The principal showing, an open-cut
and shallow shaft, is at 4,700 feet elevation on the left or north-east bank of the creek. An
open-cut 25 feet long by 7 feet wide by 6 feet deep has been driven along the schist and
porphyry-dyke contact, which strikes north 45 degrees east and dips 20 to 30 degrees northwest.    At the inner end of the cut an 8-foot shaft has been sunk.
Silver-Lead-Zinc Deposits.
Wallace Mountain Section.
Development, exploration, and production from the several mines on Wallace mountain,
Beaverdell, was increased during 1935 and the season 1936 promises to witness more interest
in this camp than has been given to it for several years. The most important single strike
in the camp during 1935 was made at the Wellington, where a high-grade silver-bearing galena-
sphalerite ore-shoot, 8 to 18 inches wide and 170 feet long, was opened up by a drift from the
bottom of the 80-foot winze below No. 5 adit-level at the south-east corner of the property.
Approximately 510 tons of ore was shipped during the year. A crew of eighteen men is
employed under the supervision of A. J. Morrison.
The Highland Lass and Bell properties continued steady development and production
during the year with a crew of thirty to thirty-two men under the management of R. B. Staples.
Approximately seven cars of ore was shipped monthly from these two properties.
The Sally Mines, Limited, continued active development during 1935 with a small crew of
men under the supervision of J. Hanna and R. H. Stewart. Several shipments of ore were
made from that section of the property adjoining the Wellington claim.
The Beaver and Bounty properties received further development-work during the year.
Further development-work was also done at the B.A. group (Buster and Alaska claims) by
Penticton people represented by L. Smith; at the Rambler and Standard Fraction claims by
an American syndicate headed by Mrs. H. E. Growdon, of Beaverdell; at the Balaclava and
Hidden Treasure claims by the Crater Lake Mining Company, headed by M. L. Sorber; and at
the Nepanee, owned by E. G. Cummings, of Beaverdell.
To the north and west of Beaverdell the Inyo-Ackworth property was further developed
and prospected; while at Carmi, the Carmi Gold Mines, Limited, property remained idle for
most of the year.
Raven Mountain Area.
Raven Mountain.— (See Annual Report, 1934.) This group of claims, including the
Golden Fleece, owned by W. B. Hall and associates, of Princeton, is situated on Raven mountain
at the head of Stevens creek, about 3% miles by steep trail from Bromley, on the Hedley- SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DISTRICTS (Nos. 3 AND 4). D 15
Princeton highway.    At an elevation of about 5,300 feet numerous shafts and open-cuts have
been excavated in replacements of the sedimentary rocks.
Hayward.—This group of four claims, the Raven, Sunshine No. 1, Creek Side, and Lion, is
owned by C. Hayward and associates, of Princeton, and is situated about 4 miles by steep trail
from Bromley, on the Hedley-Princeton highway. Several exploratory open-cuts, a 20-foot
shaft, and 12-foot adit have been driven by the owner during the past few years on numerous
quartz-filled fissures in the sedimentary rocks close to wide tongues of granite.
Lightning Peak Area.
The writer paid a brief visit to this area in September, when it was found that only a
limited amount of development and prospecting was in progress. The reader is referred to
Annual Reports for 1920 to 1934 and to Geological Survey of Canada, 1930, Summary Report,
Part A, for detailed information about the camp, its geology and mineral possibilities.
Waterloo Consolidated Mines, Ltd.— (See Annual Reports, 1918 to 1922, 1925, 1927, and
1929 to 1934; also Geological Survey of Canada Summary Report, 1930, Part A.) This
property remained idle throughout 1935, following cessation of mining development on
December 3rd, 1934.
Lightning Peak Camp.
Lightning Peak.—(See Annual Reports, 1904, 1918 to 1921, 1924, 1925, 1927, 1933, and
1934; also Geological Survey of Canada Summary Report, 1930, Part A.) Further development-work was done on No. 4 adit-level during 1935 by W. A. Calder, F. and R. Jordan, and
B. F. Lundy, the optionees. This drift was advanced through a faulted area, and what
appears to be the vein, though narrow in width, has been picked up on the south side of the
fault.
Potosi-Spokane.— (See Annual Reports, 1921, 1922, 1927, 1930, 1931, and 1933; also
Geological Survey of Canada Summary Report, 1930, Part A.) Further surface-stripping was
done on this group of claims, owned by V. Locke, of Kelowna, and associates. The claims are
situated a short distance north-west of the Waterloo and accessible therefrom by a good trail.
Pay Cheque (formerly Pay Day).— (See Annual Reports, 1929 to 1934; also Geological
Survey of Canada Summary Report, 1930, Part A.) During 1935 the owners of this group
of claims, A. Williams and W. B. Johnstone, of Edgewood, continued prospecting and development on the Pay Cheque claim, located 1,000 to 1,500 feet east of the Pay Day claim.
Killarney.— (See Annual Reports, 1919, 1922 to 1925, 1927, 1929 to 1932, and 1934; also
Geological Survey of Canada Summary Report, 1930, Part A.) The owner of this group of
claims, W. J. Banting, of Edgewood, continued development-work on his property during 1935.
Winfield Area.
Winfield (Woods Lake) Placers.—Development and testing of the Winfield placer area
was undertaken in the fall of 1935 by the West Canadian Collieries, of Blairmore, Alberta,
under the management of J. A. Brusset and local supervision of D. J. McNeil, geologist.
A crew of ten to twelve men has been employed and the working-adit on the Hall and Eley
lease is being driven easterly to determine the width of the old channel and the gold values
therein. A Denver mechanical gold-panning machine is being used to wash the gravels taken
from the adit.
Further placer-work was also carried out by individuals and small syndicates on Mission,
Cherry, Siwash, Troup, and Deep creeks.
Rock Creek Area.
The Porter and Condit placer operation on Rock creek was discontinued early in the
autumn of 1935, due partly to lack of water and partly to insufficient values in the gravels.
Several individuals and small placer syndicates were reported to be working on the upper
sections of Rock and Jolly creeks.
Boundary Creek.
The Boundary Creek Mining Company, Limited, continued operations on the B. Lang
leases on Boundary creek, a few miles above Midway, throughout part of the summer months
and operations were discontinued in October. Royal Creek and Camp McKinney.
For detailed information respecting this camp the reader is referred to the recently
published Memoir 179 of the Geological Survey of Canada, by W. E. Cockfield, as well as to
the past Annual Reports of the Department, particularly 1931 to 1933. During 1935 further
geological work was done in this camp by N. F. G. Davis and H. V. Warren for the Geological
Survey of Canada. Some exploration was done on the J. Carmichael property to the northwest of the Cariboo-Amelia claims. Interest was aroused in the Ecuador group of claims,
owned by C. Nelson and associates, of Penticton, by the reported discoveries of tin from the
development-work being done in the vicinity of the old Ecuador shaft. G. Partridge & Sons
are reported to have continued development-work at the Morning Glory No. 2, and several
groups of prospectors were said to be working in the area surrounding Baldy mountain, but
with what results it is not known.
Non-met allics.
Kamloops Area.
B.C. Sodium Syndicate.—This syndicate, with headquarters at Cherry creek, 12 miles west
of Kamloops, continued the operation of its sodium-carbonate plant at a small lake 2 miles
north-east of the Kamloops-Ashcroft highway, and several car-loads of sodium-carbonate
crystal was shipped to the Calgary and Vancouver soap-factories during 1935.
Vernon Area.
Gypsum, Lime, and Alabastine, Canada, Ltd.—This company, owning gypsum deposits at
Falkland, 26 miles north-west of Vernon, on the Vernon-Kamloops highway, continued quarrying operations in 1935 and shipped the product to its plant at Port Mann, where it is
manufactured into plaster of Paris, plaster boarding, wall-board, gypsum insulating-powder,
insulation-blocks, and hard wall-plasters, etc.

Cite

Citation Scheme:

        

Citations by CSL (citeproc-js)

Usage Statistics

Share

Embed

Customize your widget with the following options, then copy and paste the code below into the HTML of your page to embed this item in your website.
                        
                            <div id="ubcOpenCollectionsWidgetDisplay">
                            <script id="ubcOpenCollectionsWidget"
                            src="{[{embed.src}]}"
                            data-item="{[{embed.item}]}"
                            data-collection="{[{embed.collection}]}"
                            data-metadata="{[{embed.showMetadata}]}"
                            data-width="{[{embed.width}]}"
                            async >
                            </script>
                            </div>
                        
                    
IIIF logo Our image viewer uses the IIIF 2.0 standard. To load this item in other compatible viewers, use this url:
https://iiif.library.ubc.ca/presentation/cdm.bcsessional.1-0308265/manifest

Comment

Related Items