BC Historical Newspapers
The Phoenix Pioneer
Devoted to the interests of the Boundary Mining District. The Phoenix Pioneer was published in Phoenix, in the Kootenay Boundary region of southern British Columbia, and ran from April 1898 to May 1916. The Pioneer was published by the Pioneer Publishing Company, which was managed by W. B. Wilcox (from 1899-1908) and Thomas Alfred Love (from 1908-1911). On August 12th, 1910, the headquarters of the Pioneer burned down, together with a large portion of the town of Phoenix itself, and the paper consequently suffered serious financial difficulties. On April 11th, 1911, the Pioneer was sold to Gilbert Kay, who published and edited the paper until May 1916. The paper was published under a variant title, the Phoenix Pioneer and Boundary Mining Journal, both from 1903-1910 and from 1911-1912.
|Publisher||Phoenix B.C. : Pioneer Publishing Co.|
|Dates of Publication||1900-1916<br><br>Frequency|
|Repository||Original Format: Royal British Columbia Museum. British Columbia Archives.|
|Rights||Images provided for research and reference use only. Permission to publish, copy, or otherwise use these images must be obtained from the Digitization Centre: http://digitize.library.ubc.ca/|
Select by Issue
Loading calendar data...