UBC Community, Partners, and Alumni Publications
Stele established in 1870 recording the renovation of Bao'an Palace（重修保安宮碑記，1870） Teiser, Stephen; Bai, Zhaojie; Li, Jing; Lu, Guobin; Zhang, Yuanjing; He, Shuyue
This stele is located in the clearing in the northeast section of Beizhen Temple. The size of this stele is 65cm (body height), 59cm (width), and 18cm (depth). The right bottom section of this stele is damaged. There are four characters, “Wan Gu Liu Fang 萬古流芳” (Names Will Be Remembered Throughout the Ages), on the front of the stele forehead and another four characters, “Yong Chui Bu Xiu 永垂不朽” (Names Will Be Immortal), on the back forehead. This stele was established in the 9th year of Tongzhi (1870). There is text on the front, back, right and left sides of this stele. The stele is entitled “Stele Record of the Renovation of Bao'an Palace”, which records the renovation of Bao'an Palace.
Item Citations and Data
Attribution 4.0 International