UBC Community, Partners, and Alumni Publications
Stele record of the renovation of Guandi Temple 2, 1805（重修關帝廟碑記，1805） Teiser, Stephen; Bai, Zhaojie; Li, Jing; Lu, Guobin; Zhang, Yuanjing; He, Shuyue
This stele is located in the clearing in the northeast section of Beizhen Temple. The size of this stele is 228cm (body height), 87cm (width), and 24cm (depth). There are four characters, “Wan Gu Liu Fang 萬古流芳” (Names Will Be Remembered Throughout Ages), on the front of the stele forehead and another four characters, “Le Ke Bei Ming 勒刻碑銘” (Engraved Stele), on the back forehead. This stele was established in the 10th year of Jiaqing (1805). The title of this stele is “Stele Record of the Renovation of Guandi Temple”, which records the renovation of Guandi Temple. Composed and calligraphed by Lian Jiujing (廉九經).
Item Citations and Data
Attribution 4.0 International