UBC Community, Partners, and Alumni Publications
Stele record of the renovation of the Meditation Grove in Beizhen, 1715（重修北鎮禪林記 ，1715） Teiser, Stephen; Bai, Zhaojie; He, Shuyue; Zhang, Yuanjing
The stele is located in the eastern quarter of Beizhen Temple, the original site of Wanshou Temple (now Guanyin Hall). The size of this stele is 195cm (body height), 75cm (width), and 22cm (depth). The body of this stele is in perfect condition. This stele sits on a tortoise-shaped base and has a dragon forehead; there are four characters, “Xiang Deng Bei Ji 香燈碑記” (Stele Record of the Oil Lamp), on the front of the stele forehead and another four characters, “Gong De Wu Liang 功德無量” (Boundless Beneficence), on the back of the forehead. This stele was established in the 16th year of Qianlong (1751). The title of this stele is “Stele Record of the Oil Lamp in Wanshou Temple in Beizhen”, which records the construction of an oil lamp in Wanshou Temple. There is a list of names carved on the back of this stele.
Item Citations and Data
Attribution 4.0 International