Stele established in 1509 recording the renovation of Beizhen Temple (recto); Name list (verso) （1509年制重修北鎮廟碑記（碑陽）；題名（碑陰）） Jia, Jinhua; Yang, Zhaohua; Li, Lin; Yuan, Xiaoli; Tian, Menglu
This stele is located on the west side of the courtyard behind the Hall of Imperial Incense (御香殿) and in front of the Grand Hall (大殿) at Beizhen Temple. The size of this stele is 158cm (body height), 81cm (width), and 22cm (depth). The body of this stele was broken into two parts and then patched together. This stele sits on a quadrate-shaped base and has a rounded forehead; there are six characters, “Chong Xiu Bei Zhen Bei Ji 重修北鎮碑記” (Stele Record of the Renovation of Beizhen Temple), on the front of the stele forehead. This stele was established in the 4th year of Zhengde (1509). The content of this stele concerns the renovation of Beizhen Temple. There is a list of names carved on the back of this stele, as well. Composed by Huo Zhan (霍霑), calligraphed by Wu Yizhong (吳一中).
Item Citations and Data
Attribution 4.0 International