Zhulin Si (竹林寺) Bamboo Grove Monastery Yuan Dynasty Pillar Baycroft, Anne
Eight sided Yuan Dynasty pillar is located outside the Ordination Hall of Zhulin Temple. Zhulin Temple is located six kilometers southwest of the town of Taihaui in the centre of Mount Wutai. The temple was founded by eminent monk Fa Zhao durring the Tang Dynasty. The pillar was commissioned by Liugong Mingji 劉公銘記 in 1291, and contains the names of numerous donors. The inscriptions are written in Chinese. Rubbing of pilar . Pillar sides 1, 2, 8 . Pillar sides 4, 5, 6 . Pillar sides 5, 6, 7 . Pillar side 2, 3, 4 . Pillar top .
Item Citations and Data
Attribution 4.0 International